Friday, October 30, 2015

ARC Review: The Lies About Truth



Courtney Stevens does it again. She has punched me in the gut and maybe me feel things, but I’m not complaining. Even though I wasn’t as in love with Lies as I am with Faking Normal it is still way up on my list of favorite books ever. 


Sadie, Trent, Max, Gray, and Gina are a close knit group of friends. So close that if you see one the others can’t be far behind. Everything is going wonderful for them, no problems, no fights, no anything outside of perfect until everything changes. A car accident claims the life of Trent and tears the group apart. Max and the rest of Trent’s family move for their dad’s work, Gina and Grey get closer, and Sadie is left to deal with her scars and the broken pieces of her life alone. That is until an email exchange begins between her and Max. 


At the start of summer Max and family return and Sadie begins to put her life back together little by little. Throughout the summer the four remaining friends are constantly thrown into situations together. Secrets are revealed, lives are changed once again, and friendships are tested once again.


I connected with these characters more than I ever imagined I would when reading about this books. I to was involved in a horrible car accident the summer before I was to start college. Every part of my life was tested and many of the plans I had made for myself changed. I am still trying to come to terms with some of those changes and others I don’t know that I ever will. Reading Sadie’s story has shown me that it is possible to one day achieve everything on my list; I just might need some help. Once reason I love Courtney’s books is that they are filled with truth, hope, and honest characters whose stories can be interpreted by each reader to fit their own personal stories. If you haven’t read one of Courtney’s books I highly recommend you do!

Publish Date: November 3, 2015

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment