Tuesday, October 6, 2015

#BBCP Team Yellow: Quiet YA



The #BBCreativityProject is the brain child of Nori. Being a new blogger I wanted to be a part of this project to get my blog out there and to "meet" some other awesome bloggers. I am part of team yellow and we chose to do posts about quiet YA books. I chose Rage: A Love Story by Julie Anne Peters



*Synopsis: Johanna is steadfast, patient, reliable; the go-to girl, the one everyone can count on. But always being there for others can’t give Johanna everything she needs—it can’t give her Reeve Hartt.
Reeve is fierce, beautiful, wounded, elusive; a flame that draws Johanna’s fluttering moth. Johanna is determined to get her, against all advice, and to help her, against all reason. But love isn’t always reasonable, right?
In the precarious place where attraction and need collide, a teenager experiences the dark side of a first love, and struggles to find her way into a new light.



I chose this book mainly because it was the first diverse book I remember ever reading. It was years ago before diversity in books was a big thing, but it has stuck with me.  This story covers topics from abuse, family, same sex relationships, basically everything most people do not want to read about. I believe that the hard topics should be read and talked about. The more they are the better more understanding this world will become(hopefully). This book has it all, and Julie Anne Peters has a way with words that I think helps in the reading of tough topics.  So go forth and read this book, grow with this book, learn from this book.

*Courtesy of GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment