Monday, September 21, 2015

Cinder: Marissa Meyer



Cinder is a Cinderella retelling of sorts. The twist Cinder is a cyborg mechanic in a post world war 4 world. Cinder was injured at some point in the past and the only way to save her was turning her into a cyborg, then she was adopted, but her adoptive dad died. So now she lives with her stepmother and two stepsisters.  She meets Prince Kai when he brings his android to be fixed, and they fall in love for a happily ever after. The end. Just kidding but there is a little chemistry happening. Before anything can happen between Cinder and Prince Kai the moon people and the horrible disease Letumosis must be dealt with for the safety of New Beijing.

I have looked at this book a million times but something always kept me from reading it. I do not know what it was but I am glad I finally ignored it because I love this book. This was my first book from Marissa Meyer, and she is a wonderful writer. Cinder isn’t my usual type of book but Marissa’s style and unusual story kept me entertained enough to enjoy the book. 

Cinderella is my favorite fairy tale so I was a little skeptical to see a cybog retelling but Cinder is really her own person. Marissa Meyer put a lot of Cinderella into Cinder but still managed to give her her own story. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book with it being so far out of my normal comfort zone. Cinder lives up to the hype around her and I cannot wait to see what happen with the rest of the books.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment