Friday, September 4, 2015

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda: Becky Albertalli



What to say about this book? I love everything about it. I want to be Simon’s best friend. This book is just so real, I knew it would be good but I did not expect to love it so much!

Simon is gay, and is fairly comfortable with being gay even though he isn’t out yet.  He starts an email relationship with Blue who is also gay but isn’t as comfortable with that fact yet as Simon is. One day this relationship is compromised, and a blackmail situation begins because Simon doesn’t want to out or lose Blue. The blackmail situation actually leads Simon to being comfortable enough to come out to his family and friends. Most of them accept him but a few problems do arise, but that really is to be expected. Blue and Simon continue their relationship through it all.

Simon brings about some great points in his story. Why is it automatic that the world is straight? Why doesn’t everyone have to declare their sexuality when they are at that point in their lives? Homosexual, straight, bisexual, asexual it shouldn’t matter.

I had a couple guesses about who Blue was but I can honestly say I didn’t see the truth coming. Everyone I thought was wrong, but I am ok with that because the surprise was amazing. Now I just need more Simon/Blue stories. So get to work Becky! 

This book just makes me so happy!!

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment