Friday, August 14, 2015

Mosquitoland: David Arnold

I read this one via Audible audio and I think that was the problem for me. I should have read this in the physical form for my first read.

Mosquitoland tells the story of Mim and her journey to get back to her mom. Her father and new stepmom up and moved the family to Mississippi where Mim hates it. She overhears her dad and stepmom talking about her mom being sick she decides to run away to be with her mom. On her journey Mim meets a wide variety of people that help build her story, and help her understand life in a new way.

I will admit I didn’t really understand this book at first. The more I read the deeper I got into the story and saw what David Arnold was trying to say. Mim’s family had a history of mental illness, and her father is afraid Mim will fall into that hole so he tries to prevent it. Mim’s journey to her mom and her journal letters it Iz help her did thru the fog her medication puts her in until she understands life better. I will hand it to Mim though she does a great job of staying true to herself no matter what the situation she is thrown into in her life.

I may update this review/rating when and if I ever read a physical copy of Mosquitoland so check back.

3/4

No comments:

Post a Comment