Thursday, February 4, 2016

Bookish Bucketlists from Alice's Book Vault

I'd like to welcome Alice from Alice's Book Vault to the very first Bookish Bucketlists! So glad you could join me. She is sharing a list of bookish places she would love to visit. Let's see where Alice takes us! 



Hello! My name is Alice and I blog over at Alice’s Book Vault. I am a fairly new blogger as I only started blogging August of last year. I mainly read and review fantasy novels but also enjoy contemporary and the odd mystery. I have been reading for as long as I can remember and started blogging because I love sharing my thoughts on books I adore. I was invited by the lovely Sara to write a guest post for Bookish Bucketlists and the topic I chose is a list of bookish places I’d love to visit! So let’s start this list off with the most obvious destination and get it out of the way.

Hogwarts (Are you really surprised?)
As I grew up reading Harry Potter and ever since I was a child, I dreamed of going to Hogwarts as a witch. It is all I’ve ever wanted in my life. To be able to study magic at Hogwarts, visit Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade, these are the things I still dream of. As the closest thing I can get to going to Hogwarts is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I will just have to keep visiting to pretend I am really there.

Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women
Gallagher Academy is the school that Cammie attends in the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter. This school is a secret school for the training of young women who are soon-to-be spies. This school is filled with secret passageways and amazingly interesting classes that I’d love to visit, if not attend! I’ve always dreamed of visiting or living in a castle with secret passageways hidden behind a panel on a fireplace or a bookshelf that moves when the correct book is pulled. Gallagher Girls offers all this and more.

Cainsville
Cainsville is a city from the Cainsville series by Kelley Armstrong. Cainsville is a small town outside of Chicago, Illinois, that Olivia Taylor Jones seeks refuge in after founding out her real parents are convicted series killers. Cainsville is a mysterious little town with gargoyles on every building, however some of the gargoyles can only be seen in certain circumstances. Some can only be seen during the day, or when it’s raining. Every year the little town holds a contest for the children to see if they can find all the gargoyles, but so far only one child has succeeded. I would love to visit this little town and see if I can find them all!

Mistward
Mistward is the outpost that Celaena goes to in Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas to train with Rowan. The outpost is high in the mountains, surrounded by forest, and filled with half-fae looking to enter Doranelle. The half-breeds come to Mistward to train and pray that they will be deemed worthy to enter the Fae city Doranelle. I would love to live in a place surrounded by trees and high up in the mountains and Mistward would be an amazing place to visit. I’d love to be able to watch the Fae train and learn to fight, see the Fae shift into their other forms.

Mars
I would love to be able to travel to space and to explore Mars with Mark Watney from The Martian by Andy Weir, would be hilarious. I found my self laughing out loud with Mark and think he would be the perfect person to explore a new planet with. If not Mark, my father and I have always been extremely interested in space and the stars and this is a place I would love to take my father on a trip. Though, I would really love to NOT be stranded on the planet and almost die multiple times like Watney.

So this is my list of the bookish places I’d love to visit! I’d be very interested in seeing your thoughts on the places I chose, as well as places that would top your list! 

Thanks for sharing Alice! You can check out Alice's blog Here. 

I'd love to have you for a future edition of Bookish Bucketlists! If you are interested check out this post and sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment