Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Janurary Challege Wrap Up



I have greatly surprised myself this month and read 12 books! This is the most books I’ve read in one month in a long time. All but 3 are part of my challenges for the year too. I am going to break them all down and share a few thoughts on each of them.

Jessica Darling’s It List 2: The (Totally Not) Guaranteed Guide to Friends, Foes, and Faux Friends by: Megan McCafferty
Jessica Darling was one of my many heroes growing up. I read the YA series many times over the years, and flipped a little when I heard there was a middle grade prequel type series about Jessica. I read this one in about a day, and cannot wait to get number 3. I would give the It List series to any younger child to help then navigate life until they are ready for the high school/college Jessica.
Challenges: Backlist, Holiday bingo, Rock my TBR

Dumplin by: Julie Murphy
I heard great things about Dumplin from months before release so I was super excited for this one. I was not disappointed at all with this one. Pure perfection. Little bit of love, some friendship issues, and body love all wrapped into one neat little book. I would recommend this one to anyone no matter what genre they like. Dumplin is just one of those books everyone should read.
Challenges: Holiday bingo, Rock my TBR

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by: Lani Taylor
I took a chance with this one, it is way outside my comfort zone of genres. I did not like it. Daughter is a good book for the genre it falls into but it is not my forte. I did finish it but will not be going further into the series. Not for me.
Challenges: Backlist, Holiday bingo

This Song is (Not) for You by: Laura Nowlin
I did an official review for this one. You can check it out here.

I See Reality (an anthology)
I did an official review for this one. You can check it out here.


Eve/Once/Rise by: Anna Carey
I started this series a couple years ago and really liked it. I finally got copies of all 3 books so I started over to binge the series. Eve was really good it was full of action, love, and twisted friendships. Once wasn’t as good to me. I found it to be a little boring because most of the book there wasn’t much happening. Rise picked back up again but still not as good as Eve. I don’t know that I’ll ever read the entire series again but would most likely reread Eve and Rise.
Challenges: Holiday Bingo(2), Backlist (3), Rock my TBR (2), A Series a Month


Awake by: Natasha Preston
I have owned this book for a long time but could never bring myself to read it. I honestly didn’t think I’d like it. I found an audio of it and thought I’d give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable Awake was. My only real problem was being the audio I had a hard time keeping track of a time frame. The story would skip forward in time but I took a bit to catch up.
Challenges: Holiday bingo, Rock my TBR

Belles by: Jen Calonita
I found this one as an audio from my library. Wasn’t really sure what to expect as I had never heard anything about it, but it was pretty good. Great story idea, even if I did jokingly guess the ending pretty early on. Plus I’m sure people that I was insane because I was constantly yelling at my radio because Savannah is horrible.
Challenges: Backlist, holiday bingo

Proposal by: Meg Cabot
The Mediator series is one of my all time favorite series. I was so excited when I found out there were going to be more books for it. I even pre-ordered this one! Proposal was everything I could imagine for a novella in this series. I loved it!

Etiquette & Espionage by: Gail Carriger
I started the audio of this one but I just couldn’t get into it. I don’t really know if it was the story or the audio to be honest. It was kind of hard to get the story in my head and figure out the time period/what was happening. I DNF’d about ¼ way through.
Challenges: Backlist, Holiday Bingo

Bring on February!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment