Thursday, February 11, 2016

Bookish Bucketlists from Midwestern Book Nerd




I'd like to welcome Emily from Midwestern Book Nerd to Bookish Bucketlists! So glad you could join me. She is sharing a list of bookish places she would love to visit. Let's see where Emily takes us! 


An avid reader, such as myself, is constantly exposed to worlds both real and fiction. I am definitely one that gets completely sucked in to the worlds of my books and is suddenly dying to go there (well, for the most part. Can’t say I want to be a part of a district of Panem any time soon). Sadly, there are many places that just do not exist. I can’t exactly travel to these fantasy worlds (because apparently Hogwarts is not a real thing) but I can travel to the real places I read about and the inspiration for the books that I read.
When I talked to Sara about doing this post I instantly thought of all the bookish places I wanted to go, and now I can share it with everyone. Here is my bookish traveling bucket list (only real places this time).
  • The London area for HARRY POTTER-Obviously Harry Potter had a pretty awesome set for the movies, and I would love to see where the magic happened. I want to tour the grounds, I want to see the sights, I want to visit platform 9 ¾ !!  Basically I would be cool with following this list (http://thefw.com/harry-potter-destinations/). But if that doesn’t work out I would totally be fine with visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
  • England Countryside- I love Pride and Prejudice. The book, the movie. I love it. And I basically want to walk around the English countryside like Lizzie did. Or at least tour the places where they shot the movies and find where Austen got her inspiration.
  • Sherwood Forrest- If my love for the Scarlet series by AC Gaughen is any shock to you then we should probably get to know each other better. I love the story of Robin Hood, and I want to visit the place that he apparently existed. So basically…when you think about it…I want to walk ALL OVER GREAT BRITAIN!
  •  
  • Oregon- I loved the book If I Stay. It was amazing. I sobbed. I was heartbroken. It also had moments that made me happy and made me smile. It was set in Oregon and that is a state I would love to visit. I like the camping. I would like to think I would enjoy Portland. I want to drive around and see the sites
  • .  
  • Paris- I really enjoyed Just One Day (WHOA! Another Gayle Forman book!) and I really loved the picture of Paris it painted. It painted a much more down to earth version and though it mentioned the big touristy sites it wasn’t the focal point. I want to visit the parts of Paris that they did in the story. I would also be ok with the touristy stuff.
  • West Coast- If you have not read Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby yet I HIGHLY suggest it. This created the most amazing picture of the West coast I have read so far in my life. It was about the small beach towns and going on adventures (in the sun!!! Oh, how I miss the sun). It just made me want to pack my bags and head out that direction (which I very much hope to do soon!).
  • Amsterdam- If The Fault in Our Stars made me want to travel anywhere it is DEFINITELY Amsterdam. I will avoid the red light district and visit it how Hazel and Gus saw it. I want to see the historic buildings and really learn about it. I want to sit on a bench along the canal. I want to drink whatever it was that they were drinking. I just want to soak it all in.
  • Norway- I have recently discovered a very fun series about a girl named Zaria Fierce by Keira Gillett. It’s a fun and magical story set in modern day Norway. And OH MY GOSH do I ever want to go to Norway now! I realize the magical things that happen in this book won’t happen in Norway for me, but I want to just see it. I want to go there and say I have. I want to learn about the country and just relax. It sounds like a really amazing place to go to do so.
I am sure that I could come up with SO MANY more travel destinations, but I would like to actually be able to cross things off the list, and I think that this list is really doable (and then I can add more to the list as the years go on obviously). There are so many magical settings in books that are real, and I hope to be able to travel to them.
Thanks for having me on the blog Sara for this awesome feature. It was so much fun to come up with this bucket list!


Thanks so much Emily for sharing your list! Go check out Midwestern Book Nerd for more from Emily!


 I'd love to have you for a future edition of Bookish Bucketlists! If you are interested check out this post and sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment